Sunday, March 2, 2014

The first of many heart aches....

 While I have already voiced my want and need for a piece of my Great Great Grandfathers furniture to keep in my Family, I haven't voiced the given. Which is I am a stay at home mom of twins, that is on a tight budget! I mean, who isn't on a budget these days?  So I am doing these searches, with a lot of faith, hope, determination and a little pocket change.


Last week, I saw a post on MSN. About, how Facebook was getting rid of the 2nd not so know, email/inbox. I myself thought

         " Oh yeah! I wonder whats in that box, that I have never checked."

So I did...... and I got the best surprise EVER!
A man named Will, contacted me saying.

"Hi Rachel.... I found your post after searching joseph peters furniture company... I recently acquired a wash table with mirror that I am trying to find out what it is worth and sell.."


 I thought I was dreaming!! How could I be so Lucky! He did however, write me over a week ago. On Feb 16th. I Immediately wrote him back! Hoping to get this beauty from him.

But, The first heart ache
"I got the piece from my cousin. It was her moms. I wasn't sure if you were gonna reply back so I sold it to an antique company a few days ago. Yes it had the original stamp on it. I am located in southaven ms just south of memphis tn."

Now,I can not be mad at this nice man. If it's any ones fault, I blame Mark Zuckerberg. Who needs two in-boxes?  He helped me further by telling me where he took it and how much he sold it to them for.
I immediately called the owner, Named Dean and told him the whole story. He told me he needed to think about it.I explained that I was willing to pay $30 over what Will sold it to him for, as I would need to pay for the 5hrs in gas there and back, plus a possible hotel stay.

The second heart ache
Dean called me back and told me they could only do an amount that I didn't have.
It broke my heart and I started to tear up on the phone. After I got off the phone I cried to my self out loud in my mom van. Looking like I just watched an ASPCA commercial with Sara Mclachlan.


So, I know that this journey will have its ups and downs, but so far I am having a lot of downs with a few neat surprises thrown in. I am still Piece-less.

  There is Always tomorrow!





4 comments:

  1. hi Rachel! my friend bought this piece from the antique store in Southaven, ms. (she's tried to comment here, but doesn't have a google account so I told her I'd post for her) she found your blog after doing research on the piece. she wanted to know if you were interested in having it.. please email her at tanyarenee2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    We are a resale shop in a little town called Weimar in Texas called BloomingDeals. We just today got one of your Great Great Grandfathers piece's in. It looks to be a childs wardrobe. Today I have done extensive research,but haven't found any information on it.
    it has the number 220 stamped on the back.It also has the wood wheels worn but still good.I have pictures,just have to figure out how to upload them. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel please email me as I have a dresser number 106. rob5614405550@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ladies toilette number 111 1/2 would appreciate any information

    ReplyDelete