Saturday, October 4, 2014

Speaking of the Past........

Gees, where have I been? I knew that I hadn't been here (I figured) for a couple months. I didn't realize, it had been 6! I am so sorry for that! In all fairness, I got busy.
With what you ask? Well, When i first started this journey and blog, I was a stay at home momma. So I had the time to focus on my two passions. My babies and my love for history/ quest to find my GGpa's furniture.

But then, like most families, money got tight. So I went back to work. I work for Habitat for Humanity. In a ReStore. I tell you, every time an old piece comes in, my heart skips a little. Hoping it's one of his. Any who, I also was busy planning a wedding for my sister in law. A wedding in 4 months, WHEW! Lets just say, I am glad that night ended and with an open bar. :)
But after talking with a wonderful man from work, I remembered about my blog and how I deserted it!  :(   * Free kicks to Rachel's ass-Line starts here*

I have tried to write back/email everyone I can. But it seems most do not answer me back. So please remember to check your SPAM folder. Maybe I go in there. haha.

So many exciting things to update about, I just don't know where to begin!
I need to gather my thoughts and pictures, so I shall return soon. New pieces will be added!!

-Love Always, Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    My wife and I inherited a Joseph Peters wardrobe. We have had it for several years but have decided to try and sell it as we do not have room for it anymore. I happened to look on the back of the piece today to see of there are any markings that might help appraise it and found a Joseph Peters Furniture Company label on the back. Don't know if you could help provide any history on it but thought you might be interested. I can send pictures of the wardrobe if you would like. Very interesting blog!

    Thanks,
    David Van Valkenburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel im not sure if you will reply but my sister has one of your great grandfathers dressers. We are just very interested in the history and what you may be able to tell us about it. We are about 2 hours away from Florissant Missouri so it has really struck our interest.

    ReplyDelete