Monday, February 10, 2014

Welcome Everyone!

 My name is Rachel .

 I am about to embark on quest to find out about my families past, for my children's future. 
Some of you who visit, may be researching Joseph Peters Furniture Co your selves. 
Wondering who he is? What about his company? How old is my piece? What year was it made? 

Well, I am here to answer some of those questions for you. As well as finding out some questions for my self.  I just recently started this journey back up again. I love history and am passionate about the preservation of such items. It pains me to know, that someday when my children are older, they will no longer have or know of, such things.


How this all started-


About 4/5 years ago, I went upstairs in my Grandparents house. In a closet I found a old stack of books. The bindings were in so so, condition. With all pages intact. I walked them down to my grandfather, asking him if I could have them. He said he didn't know what they were, but didn't look of any use to him anymore. 

What I ended up obtaining, were The original Ledgers For his furniture company, As well as his canning  company. Originally dating back to_____.
I had no idea what a history my family had! I had made a few responses to those who wrote questions on the internet, trying to find out info on their pieces. My quest then fizzled.
Only due to life getting busy, work,school had twins. You know! 

So Here I am.

 Now setting up this site to Share my findings, info, pictures, stories and documents. 
I hope you enjoy and bare with me. It may take some time to get everything up and running!


Lets find my past together!

-Rachel



10 comments:

  1. Inherited a piece of furniture from my mother. It belonged to my fathers family who resided near Glasgow,MO. It is a tiger oak wash stand with part of the Peter's logo on the back and the number stamped 333 or 833, can't tell for sure. Would like to know more about it. Debating whether to refinish or leave as is...keep or sell??? THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dresser with mirror that belonged to my grandfather. On the back is an old label that says Joseph Peters Furniture Co. and the handwritten number 233 3/4. Do you know anything about this dresser? I have a picture but do not know how to post it.
    DeNay Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have two dressers labeled Jos. Peters Furniture Co. each have a mirror.
    One dresser is larger than the other. We have no room for them so we are going to put them in our yard sale. We live in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought a dresser with mirror and chifforobe with mirror that have the label. they are dark and appear to have the grain rolled on hte wood. i haven't seen any pictures on the internet that look similar. i bought at auction and the auctioneer thought they were from the 20"s live in st louis area. do you have any other resources i could research these pieces on? susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello not sure if this is still active or not but I have a beautiful vanity I purchased in Fredericksburg, Tx my piece says 323 3/4 on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dear,
    Thanks for sharing such useful blog. Really! This Blog is very informativeus in wide selection of living room loveseats for incredible savings and give your living spaces comfort and beauty through quality furniture company.I like this post. Please visit at quality furniture company , i hope you may like our quality furniture company.

    Get Click More Infomation - https://www.poohla.net/category-s/299.htm

    Thanks Regards,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inherited a wardrobe with mirror from grandparents, Very simple piece and has the blue paint numbers. So im guessing closer to the 1800's manufacture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel.I have a low dresser with the numbers 11G 1/2 and FB below it.Is that on your ledger? How much would it be worth. Will send pics Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've ran into a dresser made by Jos Peters it has the number 201 on the back of it so any information you have on it I am very intrigued and I'm new to this blogging thing so I don't know how to post pictures but planning on fixing up a bit due to broken drawer on it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel - I have a Joseph Peters tiger oak dresser stamped 204 11/4 on the backside of the mirror. Are you able to provide any insights around its age and potential value?

    ReplyDelete